Justice 360 has named a ten-member Advisory Council to guide the organization with the upcoming mission expansion as well as efforts to expand the reach of the group in South Carolina and throughout the Southeast region.
Members of the Advisory Council include:
Well-known defense attorneys
- John Blume – Co-Founder, Justice 360; Director, Cornell Death Penalty Project, N.Y.
- David Bruck – Co-Founder, Justice 360; Director, Washington & Lee Death Penalty Defense Clinic, V.A.
- Judy Clarke – Nationally renowned death penalty defense attorney, N.C.
- Charles Grose – S.C. attorney specializing in defense against unjust charges and excessive sentencing
- Henderson Hill – Veteran litigator, lifelong anti-death penalty advocate, Executive Director, 8th Amendment Project, N.C.
- Teresa Norris – Former Exec. Director at Justice 360, currently employed at the Charleston County Public Defender’s office
- Barry Scheck – Nationally known defense attorney, co-founder of the Innocence Project, N.Y.
Notable South Carolina leaders
- Heyward Bannister – S.C. business and communications leader, owner of BANCO/Bannister Company
- Bobby Donaldson – Director of the Center for Civil Rights History & Research , Associate Professor of History, University of South Carolina
- Sherard Duvall – Media literacy educator, media consultant, owner at OTR Films, Columbia, S.C.
In addition to work on capital cases, Justice 360 now represents juvenile clients sentenced to a life term without the possibility of parole. Justice 360 staff is also working to re-launch the Innocence Project in South Carolina. The staff and board of directors of Justice 360 look forward to receiving input from the esteemed and learned members of the Advisory Council as efforts continue towards mission expansion.